General Terms & Conditions
By visiting/using/subscribing to the Duck Duck Jeep web site you unequivocally agree to the following
The Jeep® logo is a registered trademark of FCA US LLC which is in no way associated, endorsed and/or affiliated with Duck Duck Jeep South Africa
– Copyright © in all material, information and logos presented on this site vest with 4X4 Junkies ZA. All Rights are Reserved and protected by Law.
– The content of this site is protected under applicable South African and International Law including, but not limited to, South African Copyright and Trademark Laws, International Copyright and Trademark Laws and Conventions.
– Nothing contained on this site should be construed as granting any license or right to use any material on this site.
– Users seeking permission to use the content of this site for commercial purposes may e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
– Duck Duck Jeep SA & 4X4 Junkies cannot nor does exercise continuous editorial control over the content of this site and accepts no responsibility for any illegal, discriminatory, defamatory or obscene content appearing on this site.
– Users are invited to inform 4X4 Junkies of such matter appearing on this site.
– By visiting or sending e-mails to us via this site, the user consents to receive electronic communications from 4X4 Junkies and or Duck Duck Jeep SA.
– The user hereby agrees that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications sent by 4X4 Junkies or Duck Duck Jeep SA satisfies any legal requirements, including but not limited to, the requirements that such communications should be “in writing”.
– Duck Duck Jeep SA provides links (on this site) to other related internet sites.
– Duck Duck Jeep SA does not sponsor or edit these sites and these links are provided for the user’s convenience only.
– The inclusion of these links does not imply endorsement by Duck Duck Jeep SA or 4X4 Junkies of the site and any use and/or reliance on the site is at the user’s own risk.
– No user, be it a person, business or website may:
(a)frame this site or any of the pages on this site in any manner whatsoever;
(b)use any technology to search and gain information from this site unless the prior written consent of 4X4 Junkies is obtained.
– The user expressly agrees that the use of the Duck Duck Jeep SA site is at the user’s sole risk.
– Neither Duck Duck Jeep SA nor 4X4 Junkies make no representations or warranties that this website is free from errors or omissions nor that the service provided will be uninterrupted and free from defects.
– Users are invited to report any possible malfunctions and defects.
– This site is provided on an “as is” basis, without any representation or endorsement made and without any warranty of any kind whether express or implied, including but not limited to warranties of satisfactory quality, non-infringement, title, security, and compatibility.
– It is the sole responsibility of the users to satisfy themselves prior to entering into this agreement that the services available on this site will meet the user’s individual requirements and be compatible with the user’s hardware and/or software.
– The user acknowledges and confirms 4X4 Junkies’ indemnity to, including but not limited to, indirect, direct, incidental, special, consequential, and punitive damages arising from the use of or inability to use the Duck Duck Jeep SA site. 4X4 Junkies has taken reasonable measures to ensure the integrity of this website and its contents.
– However, no warranty, whether express or implied, is given that any applications, downloads or files available via this website are free of viruses, worms, Trojans, bombs, time locks or any other data or code which has the ability to corrupt or affect the operation of the user’s system.
– No advice or opinion expressed on this site should be regarded as professional advice and users are advised to seek professional advice before placing reliance on any opinion given in this site.
– By accessing this site, the user consents to the South African law and the jurisdiction of the South African Courts governing any action which may arise in respect of the user’s use of this site.
Privacy / Confidentiality
– Any information collected by Duck Duck Jeep SA from users of this site shall not be revealed or disclosed to third parties unless the user’s prior written consent thereto is obtained.
– The user hereby agrees that 4X4 Junkies and/or Duck Duck Jeep SA from time to time may communicate with him/her.
– Any user that delivers or attempts to deliver any damaging code to this website or attempts to gain unauthorized access to any page on this website shall be criminally prosecuted.
– 4X4 Junkiesa and/or Duck Duck Jeep SAmay also, at its sole discretion, institute civil action for damages suffered as a result of such conduct.
Alteration to Terms and Conditions
– The use of or access to this site constitutes the user’s acceptance of the above terms and conditions.
– 4X4 Junkies and Duck Duck Jeep SA have the exclusive discretion to alter any of the terms and conditions of this site at any time, without prior notice to the user.
What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our blog, website or app?
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address, phone number or other details to help you with your experience.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, place an order, fill out a form or enter information on our site.
Provide us with feedback on our products or services
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
– To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
– To improve our website in order to better serve you.
– To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
– To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
– To quickly process your transactions.
– To ask for ratings and reviews of services or products
How do we protect your information?
We do not use vulnerability scanning and/or scanning to PCI standards. We only provide articles and information. We never ask for credit card numbers. We use regular Malware Scanning. We do not use an SSL certificate
Do we use ‘cookies’?
– Help remember and process the items in the shopping cart.
– Understand and save user’s preferences for future visits.
– You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies.
– You do this through your browser settings. Since the browser is a little different, look at your browser’s Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If users disable cookies in their browser:
If you turn cookies off, some of the features that make your site experience more efficient may not function properly.
Some of the features that make your site experience more efficient and may not function properly.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information unless we provide users with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when it’s release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Google’s advertising requirements can be summed up by Google’s Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users.
We use Google AdSense Advertising on our website.
We have implemented the following:
We, along with third-party vendors such as Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to our website.
Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt-out by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative Opt Out page or by using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on.
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13 years old, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, United States’ consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online.
We do not specifically market to children under the age of 13 years old.
Fair Information Practices
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
We will notify you via email
– Within 7 business days
– We will notify you via phone call
– Within 7 business days
– We will notify the users via in-site notification
– Within 7 business days
– We also agree to the Individual Redress Principle which requires that individuals have the right to legally pursue enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or government agencies to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us at
Follow the instructions at the bottom of each email and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.
Have you read the General Terms & Conditions of our site?